HOW TO CARE FOR LEATHER BASEBALL AND OTHER SPORTS EQUIPMENT
- Protect the area where you will be completing the application. Use old newspaper or a paper bag.
- If your equipment is grubby from last season, give it a good cleaning with a leather cleaner.
- Let your equipment dry fully.
- If you have an issue with mildew, kill it with apple cider vinegar and water.
- Test the Leather Honey in a discreet section of your leather glove or ball. Please be aware that conditioning may bring out natural inconsistencies in the grain and/or color of the leather.
- Use a lint-free cloth, paint brush or foam sponge to apply Leather Honey. Thin, even coats are the key. Remember, a little goes a long way! We recommend using the product be at room temperature.
- Allow at least two hours for the Leather Honey to absorb. Overnight is best. If there is still excess on the surface, wipe it away with a lint-free cloth.
- Repeat next season – or sooner, if necessary.
- “Football coaches are always looking for a way to extend the life of the footballs. This is the first product I have found that we can use on the balls after they get wet and it doesn’t make them sticky. At $65 a ball we go through at least 15 a year. We have been able to save all the balls from this year and use them as practice balls for next year. I am reluctant to share my new found knowledge with other coaches because any advantage is key. Great product.”
Buy Leather Honey http://www.leather-apron-company.com/en/9-leather-conditioner